Sunday, January 1, 2012

All things work together for good...

to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28) 


A verse that kept coming to mind as the day progressed....oh the joys and pitfalls of full-time RVing without a plan.


Of course I did have a plan, it's just that the jello was slippery.


Plan A was to spend the night at Ringer Campground, a free campground run by the Corps of Engineers on West Point Lake on the GA/AL line.
Tomasina, my GPS did pretty well. Just one small detour...turn right, then left, then left back to the same road. I guess she didn't want me to miss these cute little storefronts somewhere in rural GA.
 Anyway this sign greeted my arrival at Ringer ...a day late I guess. I called the number hoping they would tell me it was ok to stay the night, but didn't really expect an answer or call back to my message on Sunday, New Years Day.
 It's too bad because it looks like a nice campground with large waterfront pull-thru sites. I had lunch and took the dog for a walk before moving on. Plan B was to go to another COE campground 20 miles away that according to my book is open all year....NOT. Found out that all the COE campgrounds on the lake have closed winters for the past 2 years due to funding issues. What a shame.
 So here's plan C, and the good thing is I'm all gassed up (the RV, that is)  and ready to go in the morning. 




1 comment:

  1. Oh, Liz, you know His will is sometimes unknown to us. But He knows you can always find a WalMart.

    ReplyDelete