Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Phantoms in the Forest

Saturday, October 27, 2012
I volunteered to help at Silver River State Park at their annual story-telling event, "Phantoms in the Forest." I was lucky to get a campsite, so didn't have to leave when it was over.
Saturday morning I baked cupcakes to go with the other goodies for sale at the CSO (Citizen Support Organization) table.
 In the afternoon I helped set up,
We decorated the cabin in Cracker Village where the story tellers stand and put out benches for the audience.
Then we decorated the tram that would be used to transport spectators from the campground.
 The tram driver...
People began to arrive just as the sun was setting.
The first stories were not-so-spooky and geared for younger children.
 And got scarier as the evening progressed.

 We had two seasoned story-tellers who took turns.

Story-teller Jerry Cowling
Story-teller Jeremy Evans
 A spooky moon added to the atmosphere.
We had a good turnout, all the cupcakes were gone. And now I am back at home in McIntosh. Notice my friend "Red" in the tree above my RV.
 "Red," the red-shouldered hawk.

2 comments: